Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I Am a Reformed Inadequate Child

I am a reformed inadequate child. 

A child who pushed her passions aside because they were not what she "should" do.  A child her pursued talents that she did not enjoy because she "should" not waste them.  A child who was told what success "should" look like.
​
I was the child who followed a life that well-meaning parents and teachers thought best for me.  
And that conflicted with what set my soul on fire.
​
And that conflict shouted loudly to me each day "It is not okay to be yourself."
​
After years of exploration far out into the Universe and deep down inside myself, I have found what sets my soul on fire and I have transformed my life from mediocre to exceptional. 
A life where I get to be my authentic self every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment