Tuesday, May 29, 2018

I Am a Reformed Inadequate Child

I am a reformed inadequate child. 

A child who pushed her passions aside because they were not what she "should" do.  A child her pursued talents that she did not enjoy because she "should" not waste them.  A child who was told what success "should" look like.
I was the child who followed a life that well-meaning parents and teachers thought best for me.  
And that conflicted with what set my soul on fire.
And that conflict shouted loudly to me each day "It is not okay to be yourself."
After years of exploration far out into the Universe and deep down inside myself, I have found what sets my soul on fire and I have transformed my life from mediocre to exceptional. 
A life where I get to be my authentic self every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment