Saturday, January 12, 2019

Reminding Myself That Every Tiny Action Matters

Sometimes I look at a problem in my life or in the world and I am just overwhelmed.
The problem seems too big for me to make a single bit of difference.
Syria. Organizations I am part of that are just disasters. That whole "wall" thing. Kids who have noone to read to them. And my list goes on.



It's those moments that I recall a tiny little story that reminds me that doing something is important. Even if it seems inconsequential.

There was once a young boy walking along a beach that was littered with hundreds of starfish. He picked up every starfish he found and placed it back in the ocean. He was working at this for hours and was barely making a dent. His father came up and said, “Son, there are just too many starfish. You can’t possibly make a difference.” And his son, with a single starfish in his hand replied, “But I am making a difference to this one.”


The story reminds me that sometimes you may do something that seems quite insignificant, but always keep in mind that the littlest thing that you do to make someone’s life a little better, may have an impact that you cannot even imagine.

Never miss a post! 

 Follow me on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment