Monday, February 11, 2013

A Way to Remember... The Small Things



I love that right now my one daughter is obsessed with Frances Scott Key and the other sings to herself 24 hours a day.  I loved that for a 6 month period years ago one daughter would only wear blue and last year the other one had a massive crush on her dance teacher.  I never want to forget these small things.

So every year I start a scrapbook page.  I put a recent picture in the middle and the year and I hang them in the kitchen and every once in a while I write down something that is going on in their life.  Favorite books, phrases they latch on to, best friends, school play parts.  Anything that might be forgotten over time.

At the end of the year I let them fill in the blank spaces and we add the page to their scrapbook.  And we read over the ones from previous years and take a wonderful trip down memory lane.

YOUR TURN
Start your own simple way to remember the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment