Thursday, February 7, 2013

Words To Live By... Where Should You Put Them?


Do you have a word or a few words that you are striving to embody? 

I have a list of seven.  Secure. Luscious.  Vulnerable.  Accepting.  Authentic. Insightful. Free.
I developed this list over the past few years.   I looked at words that were the opposites of the behaviors that I was trying to eliminate.  I looked at words that came to mind when I noticed traits on other people that I really admired.  I looked at words that popped up in quotes that I loved.  And I finally settled on my seven.  And I wanted to be reminded of them every day.

I considered a tattoo.  I have one already.  It states my soul purpose.  And I love it.  But I wasn't sure if I wanted my seven words on me all the time because I thought they had the potential to change over time.  My husband did get his words tattooed on his arms and looks forward to adding to them as they change over time.

I thought about putting them on a shirt but I didn't love that I would nit be able to read them or that they might get stuck in the laundry for weeks at a time.

So I had them made into a necklace.  I worked with Silver by Keri, a designer I found on Etsy.  I loved the style of her work and as we began working together I loved her as a partner.  She related a perfect necklace for me... both beautiful and inspiring.  It was the perfect place to put my words.

YOUR TURN
Think about the words that you want to become and put them somewhere that you can see whenever you want to.. a tattoo, a shirt, a piece of jewelry, a wall hanging, a scene saver.  Whatever feels right!

No comments:

Post a Comment