Thursday, August 2, 2018

4 Practices For a Peaceful Life

Have you ever had periods of your life that are just not so peaceful?
I've been having one this summer so I have been doing a lot of work to regain my inner peace.

I have come up with four key practices that need to come back to the forefront of my life.



1. Act on Instinct
I often find that when I am not feeling peaceful, I am working to hard to control and manipulate my life.  I am thinking through every single decisions and making them based on some predicted outcome.  Like thinking we should go to the beach today because the weather is nice and we paid for the beach club and fresh air is good for kids and blah, blah, blah.
But when I am peaceful, I am tapped into my insight.  I stop and take a breath and see what I feel like in the moment.    I listen to my voice tell me that I want to curl up on the porch with a good book and a glass of wine instead of head to the beach. And I listen to the little voice that make suggestions out of the blue.  Sometimes it  tells me to floss my teeth.  Sometimes to go write a chapter of my book.  
When I surrender to this little voice, instead of trying to figure out what is best, I find so much more peace in my day.  

2. Act Out of Love
I often find that when I am not feeling peaceful, I am not choosing to react with love to the people around me.  I am weighing their actions as a judge would and deciding if I am going to be loving or be an asshole.  Like when my daughter comes in to tell me about some YouTube video after I have told her 6 times to please get in the shower.
But when I am peaceful, I am acting out of love.  In all instances.  Before I react, I ask, "What would love do?".   I remove myself from my role as judge.  Because, really, who said I was the judge of any other human being?  Love listens to the story about the YouTube video.   Love remembers that excitement is beautiful and curiosity is awesome and kids are just learning.  Love has the patience to ask for a shower a seventh time.
When I choose love, instead of judgement, I find so much more peace in my day. 

3. Be Immune to Others Opinions
I often find that when I am not feeling peaceful, I am caught up in others opinions.  I am letting other people judge me.   Like second guessing myself when a person doesn't get enthusiastic about a story I am sharing.  
But when I am peaceful, I am immune to the opinions of others.  I remember that they are my best teachers.  That my feeling of inadequacy is really only mine and once I have faith in myself, those opinionated teachers disappear.  
When I choose to only let my own opinion matter, I find so much more peace in my day.

4. Know That I Can Have What I Want
I often find that when I am not feeling peaceful, I am caught up in doubting that I can have something I desire.   My thinking centers around the worst case scenario.  Like when I want my daughter to get a certain role she auditioned for and I am letting doubt about her talent slip in to my mind.
But when I am peaceful, I have trust that I can have anything I want.  As long as I have faith and take action and want it with all my heart.  (Try my mini-course "Manifesting Your Desires with 3 Simple Choices" to learn how.) 
When I chose to have faith in the abundance of the Universe, I find so much more peace in my day.


I hope that the next time you are feeling less than peaceful, you incorporate these four simple practices into your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment