Monday, August 27, 2018

Working with the Seasons for Personal Growth

I love a good solstice or equinox.
And for years I have tried to incorporate the energy of the seasons into my life.
This year I started to use the energy to support my personal growth.




Spring
The spring equinox falls on March 21 and marks a day of rebirth.
From this point until the summer solstice, you are growing into a maiden.
It is a time or play and energy.  
It is a season of preparation.
And for me it is a season to clean and repair.

In the past I used to get all of my spring cleaning done on the equinox but now I like to tackle little projects every day of this season.  
Washing windows and curtains.  Trimming the trees.  Touching up paint.
I buy new journals and cleanse my crystals.  I do an energy cleansing for each room.
It is an industrious time that use to get everything in order for the next season.

Summer
The summer solstice falls on June 21 and marks a day of power.
From this point until the fall equinox, you are growing into a mother.
It is a time of discovering your place in the world.
It is a season of growth.
And for me it is a season to learn.

I make it a goal during this season to read of take a class every single day.
I always have a book with me and a list of podcasts ready for a walk and I sign up for a few in person and online classes.
It is one of my favorite times of the year because I let myself make my growth a priority.

Fall
The fall equinox falls on September 21 and marks a day of gratitude.
From this point until the winter solstice, you are growing into a crone.
It is a time of sharing your gifts.
It is a season of thanks.
And for me it is a season to give.

Every day this season, I give something away.  I tackle closets full of clothes and give what we don't need to charity.  I go through books and pass them on to friends who might enjoy them.  I bake cookies for a neighbor.  I donate money and time to good causes.
I especially love this time of year because it really helps me to open my heart extra wide.

Winter
The winter solstice falls on December 21 and marks a day of peace.
From this point until the next spring equinox, you are in a period of death preparing for rebirth.
It is a time for illumination.
It is a season for rest and hibernation.
And for me it is a season to reflect.

During the winter days I cozy up inside and spend extra time meditating and journaling.  
It is such a very peaceful time and makes the winter seem so welcoming.


I love putting my own special twist on the seasons.  It really helps me to invest in myself and reflect on the wonder of our Universe.


No comments:

Post a Comment