Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Being the Happiest You Can At This Moment .. Maybe That Just Means Opening the Sunroof


Somewhere I read the other day something about asking yourself how you could be happier or more joyful at this very moment.

I filed that away in my mind in the place where I keep all of these cool little tips for being more present and joyful.  But this morning it just popped right out of that place.

I was sitting in my car.  The sun was shining and the sky was blue.  I had a half an hour to kill waiting for dance class.  I pushed my seat back and adjusted my legs so I was oh-so-comfy.  I picked up a book that I have been thoroughly enjoying.  I was sipping on my Blueprint Pineapple Apple Mint Heaven, I mean Juice.  It was pretty darn perfect and I was pretty darn happy.

And then that little tip popped out.  "How could you be happier?".  Well, I thought, I am a little warm so perhaps I should open the sunroof.  So I did.  And my happy turned into way more happy.

This was a kind of silly example but it goes to show that something really little can make you way more happy.  Which is great if you are feeling happy already and really great if you are feeling down or stressed or angry.

I can't wait to try it when I a little less happy!

YOUR TURN
Do something to remind yourself to ask "How can I be happier?" a few times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment