Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Challenge Yourself ... By Using Your Kids



My oldest daughter needs to work on her flexibility and my younger daughter needs to work on her core strength.  Both my daughters love nothing more than a nice dinner out.

I noticed the perfect challenge and reward for the summer.  Each week I would give them a few exercises to help them with the areas that need work and if they completed all of the exercises at the end of the week we would all go to dinner.

Of course I decided I should challenge myself as well since I was going to be partaking in the reward.

So I make a list of of 5 or so different exercises for us ... some easy and some a bit more challenging.  I put the items in pretty fonts and colors and followed each one by the number of times it needed to be done each week.  Each week I change up the exercises and intensity.

It seems to be working great for each of my kids because they have control over what they want to do and when. It seems to be working well for the group because we all motivate each other so we can all head out for sushi on Tuesday.  And it seems to be working great for me because I don't want to let my kids down.  No matter what, I will get my items done because I love them (and, well,  I love raw tuna).

It is amazing what great motivation the love of your kid's happiness is.  A much better motivator than the fear of disappointing your personal trainer or your workout buddy.

YOUR TURN
Set up a challenge for you and your kids and pick a reward that everyone in the family loves.  See how motivating it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment