Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Craft Exchange....Sharing Your Creativity with Your Besties



Every year around the holidays my closest friends and I exchange crafts we made.

The idea was borne out of the beloved cookie swap.  We loved the idea of swapping something special among ourselves at the holidays but since most of my friends don't eat sugar or dairy, the cookie swap was not for us.   One friend suggested that we all make something and swap that.  We did it for the first time last year and we loved it so much that we made it an annual thing.

This year I made little embroidered houses of each of my friend's homes.

And this year I received ... a beautiful bookmark made of velvet ribbon, beads and vintage charms, the world's best chocolate chip cookies, a piggy bank, a coffee mug, a Christmas tree made of seaglass, hand cream, a fuzzy little purse and a beautiful jewelry box.  I treasure them all.  

 I love that it inspires us all to be creative.  For those gals who are really crafty it is a really fun way to get really creative and for those gals who consider themselves not-so-crafty it helps them step outside their own limits.  

I already can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment