Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Gypsy Curtain Tutorial


We renovated my youngest daughter's bedroom last spring.  And the contractor has yet to find and install a closet door.

So I have taken matters in to my own hands.  I made her a really cool curtain door.

I started with a beaded curtain and installed it inside the closet.

Then I hit the fabric store and bought 4 different fabrics in the color palette I wanted. I selected fabrics that where not to stiff so that they would fall nicely.  I bought 3 yards of each to be sure I had the length tho span the height of my door.  I also purchased some spools of thin ribbon in my color palette.

I spent the following few hours cutting strips of fabric approximately 3 inches wide and longer than the door. I took 3 strips of fabric and tied them to the curtain rod and braided them together and knotted them when I reached the bottom.  Perfection is not necessary here!  I filled the entire rod with strips of braided fabric.

I added in a few strips of fabric without braiding them.

And then I tied on pieces of the ribbon.


Voila!  A whimsical, gypsy curtain!