Thursday, November 21, 2013

Art of the Week ... Creativity Inspiration for the Entire Family



I have recently been on this kick to try to be more creative.  I think it may have been stumbling across an old copy of The Artist's Way that did it to me.  But I have been finding it really fun to just create without a purpose.  And I thought it would be fun for the rest of my family to experience that joy too.



So I started Art of the Week.  Each week I pick a topic and post it on our Art of the Week bulletin board and each family member has to create it.  Topics have included favorite animals (this past week!), favorite food, worst nightmare, shoes, you name it!  Typically people draw their inspiration item but we are open to painting, collage sculpture, absolutely anything.



I love seeing how excited everyone is to get the inspiration for the week and how they sneak off during the week to create their piece.  Even my business, uber-on-the-road husband!  I also loved that for the first time in a long time I wasn't hearing my kids talk about their work being good or bad, or right or wrong.  They adjusted things they didn't like or started over.  They talked about their art together and complimented each other.  It was a refreshing change from the pressure I feel they get at school.  


And of course I love seeing each and every picture!

Gotta go!  I have to draw some bacon for "Favorite Breakfast Food" week!

No comments:

Post a Comment