Monday, November 18, 2013

Sharing Books... BookMooch

overview

One of my very favorite websites ever is BookMooch.   Heard of it?  Well, you must check it out because it is this terrific place to pass on books you no longer want and pick up some of those books you do.

As a BookMooch member you set up an inventory of all of the books you have that you are willing to part with.  You also make a list of all of the books you want.  You can add them because you know you want them or you can just browse around.  When someone wants a book you have, you send it off to them. Remembering of course the fabulous book rate at the post office!  You get points for sharing your book.  When a book you want becomes available, the owner will send it off to you and points are deducted from your account.  Easy as pie!  

I love BookMooch because over the past few years I have been trying really hard to reduce the amount of "stuff" my family has.  And we have a lot of books.  So I refuse to buy anymore.  When I want a book my first stop is now always the library, followed by my Kindle.  But there are just some books that I want a hard copy of.  Cookbooks are a great example.  But really any books that I want to flip through (which I find annoying on my Kindle) and books I want to have for the long haul (which the library frowns upon).  In those cases I put the book request out on BookMooch and keep my fingers crossed that it will show up on my doorstep soon.

And not only am I not bringing in any new "stuff", I am also getting rid of some of the "stuff" we already have!  Win, win!  




No comments:

Post a Comment