Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Chef of the Month .. Celebrating Charlie Trotter

For the past few years I have been picking a chef each month and immersing myself into their stories and recipes for a week.  I grab some cookbooks from the library, check out their autobiography, search the internet.  Sometimes I even treat myself to dinner at one of their restaurants.  

This month I picked Charlie Trotter.

I grabbed his Kitchen Sessions cookbook and Charlie Trotter Cooks At Home and even Raw and planned out the menu for the week.


A warming soup made with beef, soba noodles and a dashi broth.


A roast pork stuffed with dried fruit over a bed of sweet raddichio and roasted potatoes.  Oh and topped with this amazing bacon dressing.


Little tomatoes stuffed with a goat cheese, pine nut and sundried tomato mixture.


A poached (yes, I said poached) beef tenderloin with brussel sprouts and potatoes topped with a shallot vinegrette.


And to top it all off... cinnamon bread pudding.  Delicious even if I burned it a little!

A tasty week with Charlie! Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment