Thursday, November 14, 2013

Finding Creativity ... In the Craft Store


Yesterday I went to the craft store.  And I left my credit card in the car.  On purpose.

My mission was to spend an hour slowly walking through the aisles to see what caught my eye.  Once something did I would take a picture of it.  

Some things I took pictures of were things I really wanted.  Like this book Creative Doodling and Beyond.


Some things I thought would make a great cake.  Like this rubber stamp of a tree filled with animals.


Some things I wanted to figure out how to make at home and do with the kids instead of buying the stuff.  Like these really pretty flowers from the American Girl wreath kit.


And some things I just liked and I am inspired to come up with a way to use them.  I was thinking that these cute elephants and flowers and stars might be a really nice embroidery or maybe the inspiration for some birthday cards this year.


It was really fun to just wander around with no purpose and to be free of the desire to buy anything!   It was a great spark to my creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment