Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Doodling ... One a Day in December

doodle, creative doodling and beyond

I am learning to doodle.  You know, those drawings made up of little whimsical lines and swirls and dots.

I saw this book when I was out on my craft store expedition and it really made me feel happy.  The doodles on the cover are so colorful and intricate and playful.  They reminded me of the really artistic kids in junior high who just covered their notebooks with these amazing little scribbles.  Could I really learn to do this?  I decided to give it a try!


I have to admit that I don't love the organization of the book but I when I stopped looking at it like a lesson plan and just stepped in to use it as a guide and inspiration, I was more comfortable.  I started with the first "project prompt" and drew a column of numbers.

I loved the process of creating each thing however I wanted it to be.  Maybe a number was harsh and thin or maybe it was all flowery or maybe it was swirly and polka dotty.  I added things here and there until it just felt done.  And I loved it.  

I loved it so much that I have decided to doodle once a day in December.  I will follow along with the project prompts in the book but I also already have some fun inspiration ideas of my own.

I will post my daily doodles right here and pin them in Doodles on Pinterest. I hope you will follow along with my fun!

December 1st Doodle - Numbers


December 2nd Doodle - E

December 3rd Doodle - N

December 4th Doodle - Christmas Trees

December 5th Doodle - Mandala


December 6th Doodle - Circles


December 7th Doodle - Pastelli Label


December 8th Doodle - Bacon Jam Label


December 9th Doodle - Foot Scrub Label

December 10th Doodle - Outline with Eyes Closed

December 15th - Gift Tags


December 16th - Horoscope

December 17 - Christmas Card


December 18 - Christmas Card

No comments:

Post a Comment