Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Intention vs The Path .. Hiking the Trail of Life


I have been thinking a lot about how on one hand I believe that we can manifest whatever we want in our lives but how on the other hand we are here for a certain purpose and we are provided with different lessons and opportunities to achieve that purpose.  So what's the answer?  Do we have the power or not?

I decided that it is a combination of both.  I believe that we set intentions, both big and small, and we can achieve them if we put the full force of our energy behind them.  Generating positive energy around an intention will help it to manifest. But the path we take to get there is not of our choosing.  I believe that there is a path of lessons and opportunities that is mapped out for us to follow in order to arrive at our intentions.

I believe we make some big intentions before we come in to this life. We make a soul contract regarding what we want to achieve.  What talents do you come into this life with? What type of beauty are you here to create? What do you need to overcome?  Your past lives help to determine what your intentions will be.  Your intentions are reflected in your natal astrology chart and in numerology. They clearly communicate what strengths you need to radiate and what weaknesses you need to overcome.  There are also smaller intentions that we make while we are in this life. 

While we have set out intentions, the path is determined by the universe. It takes on a journey that helps us to grow and learn lesson and have experiences that will help us generate even more positive energy.
Your path is reflected in astrology. Your progressed chart gives you an overview of key events in your life and the aspects and astrological events show you to little steps along the path. By generating positive energy and trusting the universe you can clearly follow the road signs along the path.   Your path is also communicated to you via your intuition, tarot and signs along the way. Again, your positive energy will make you able to read these signs and smoothly follow the path that has been set for you.

I think about it like taking a little hike in the woods.  I decide where I want to go (set my intention) and I get dressed and pack my backpack (put all of my energy behind arriving at my destination).  Then I head out on the trail to my destination (I let go and follow the path).  Along the way I will stop to see interesting plants or watch animals (opportunities) or I might trip and fall or find a change in the weather that I need to deal with (lessons).   If I follow the trail and handle each diversion with positive energy, I will arrive at my destination.. perhaps a little later or dirtier or earlier or with pockets full of rocks and leaves... but I will arrive.  If I refuse to stay on the trail or I get frustrated by every diversion, I will never reach my destination.   

Getting to my end destination is about how much I want it.  What happens as I travel there is not up to me.  The intention and the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment