Thursday, December 26, 2013

Staying on Track ... Creating a Map for Your Life



I spend a lot of time trying to rid myself of the negative, limiting things in my life and trying to enhance the gifts and opportunities I have been given.   I read books and meditate and take classes and journal.   I have gained a lot of insight into myself.  But sometimes I have trouble remembering it!

So I created a Map for My Life to act of my guide when I am faced with troubling circumstances or important decisions.  Your Map uses things you find out about your intention to help support you in generating the most possible positive energy and will help you work to release blockages.

My Map is set up in a spreadsheet, although I have toyed with making it in to a picture.  But it could also be a written story or a list of words.  I use a lot of astrology and numerology and chakra knowledge to help generate my Map.   But your only input could be your quite mind or maybe a close friend.  

The first two areas of my Map are ... What Do I Bring to This Life? and What Do I Need to Resolve?   I spend a good deal of time forming the lists of my gifts and talent and of the things that weigh me down.  "I am artistic and ahead of my time."  "I inspire others to see the divine in the everyday."  "I am a perfectionist."  "I do things for the praise of others."  This took me a long time and I revise it often as I discover new ways of getting in touch with myself.  

The next area of my Map is Intentions.  I make a list of intentions to support really making use of my gifts and a list of intentions to modify the negative things in my life.  "I combine creativity and discipline."  "I share what I need instead of correcting what others are doing." "I create for the pure joy that the process brings me."   If I put all of these intentions together, I would have a picture of the person I strive to be.  I refer to this list when I make decisions or I am having a crisis.  I check in to make sure what I am doing supports my intentions.

The last area of my Map are Actions.  These actions are the day-to-day things I can do to begin living my intentions, the things that will help me to move closer to where I want to be.   Have dates with my kids.  Dance.  Paint.  Collect memories, not things. These actions get put into my Pinterest boards, to do list or Sadhana so that I am reminded of their importance.  I add or remove actions as I progress down my path.

Everyday I am grateful that I have my Map to help me navigate the path of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment